FPGEE Tips for the ExamIt is advised that FPGEE takers arrive at the test center AT LEAST 1 hour before the scheduled appointment time, as you have to register for the exam.
The steps on the registration will consist, but is not limited to:
1. UNDERSTADING RULES & DIRECTIONS DURING EXAM
Candidates will be asked to read Pearson Vue rules and directions during the exam.
2. IDENTIFICATION CHECKS ALL PTCB
candidates must present one form of approved and legible identification before being admitted to the examination. If you arrive at the testing center without acceptable identification,you will not be allowed to test, and you will forfeit your examination fee. The name on the identification card must match the name on your Authorization to Test letter. If you think you may have a problem, please call NABP immediately. NABP also recommends that you also bring your Authorization to Test (ATT) letter with you to the Pearson Professional Center.
Your name on your photo identification must match what is on your Authorization to Test letter, and the approved identification must include the following attributes: it must be valid (not expired); it must include a photograph; and it must be legible.
3. PICTURE TAKING
Once checked for proper identification, picture of the candidate will be taken
You will not be allowed to take any personal items with you into the testing room. This includes all bags, books or other materials not authorized for this exam, notes, phones, pagers, watches and wallets. You will, however be provided a locker where you can keep your personal items. It is important that all electronic items, such as cellphones should be turned OFF.
Before going inside the testing room, Pearson Vue will take your fingerprints. The purpose of this is for security/integrity of the exam. So when you needed to go out of the testing room (i.e. when you need to go to the restroom), you will only be allowed to re-enter the testing area if your fingerprint matches with the previous one.
- Pen and paper will be provided by Pearson Vue if there is a need for calculations. If you have filled the paper would would like another clean sheet, you just need to raise your hand so the examiner can give you another paper.
Recommended Books for the FPGEE Exam
- Comprehensive pharmacy review by Leon shargel,
- Pharmaceutical calculation by Howard Ansell
- Theory book by mannan sharoof
- American pharmaceutical association the APhA, complete review pharmacy
Tips for the FPGEE Exam (On the day)1) Relax - The main proportion who fail, usually have really good reasons for not passing ie they did not have the correct resources, they had an adverse event which affected study performance, turned up late etc.
2) Its not as hard as you think - we have purposely made FPGEEexam harder than the exam you are taking, to make you just that little bit more prepared. If you have passed all the FPGEEexam questions with a 70% average, should expect 80% on the actual exam.
3) Get there on time - make sure you know where you are going, check the transport you are taking online, also print off a map if you can.
4) Hydration and nutrification (food) - there are no real rules here for students, do not bring a four course meal, but do bring a bottle of non-fizzy water and a high in carbohydrate snack.
5) The night before - get everything you need together in one place. All the id requirements... If you are unsure what you need check the FPGEE website.
6) Timing - for the actual exam timing is crucial. A good technique is to go through all of the questions answering the ones you know instinctively and leave the ones you doubt till later. If you find you are dwelling on one question too long move to the next and return to it later.
7) Use your experience - by now you have probably sat over 50 exams. You know what is best and what works for you, if none of the above points have worked for you in the past leave them all out and do it the way you know best which has given you the best performance.
Last modified: Monday, 27 December 2010, 07:33 AM